Prepares, lays out and completes a landscape installation plan.
Trade Qualification Hours
- NS Trade Regulations
- Ratio of Apprentices to Journeypersons: 2:1
- Red Seal Occupational Standard & other Red Seal resources
- Landscape Horticulturists with extensive experience can apply to write the Red Seal exam as a trade qualifier
- Landscape Horticulturist apprenticeship training certification involves acquiring four (4) practical industry-based certifications from the Landscape Horticulture Certification Program.
- Hardscape Installation
- Softscape Installation
- Turf Maintenance
- Ornamental Maintenance
Apprentices who obtain these four industry certificates + the required hours can either:
- Write the Red Seal Exam for Red Seal Certification; or
- Obtain a provincial certificate without writing an exam. To apply for the provincial certificate, submit the Landscape form at Forms for Apprentices.
Red Seal Certification
Compulsory Certified AAQA
Compulsory Certified Other
Number of Levels