Forms for Tradespersons

  •  Important  Internet Explorer (browser) is no longer supported for payment when using our online forms.
  •  Submit Online  Means you complete and submit the form online. The forms can be submitted using a variety of web browsers. Payments (required for some forms) require a valid debit or credit card - VISA, MasterCard or American Express. Alternatively, select the invoice option on the form.
  •  Print & Mail  Means you electronically-fill the form, then print and submit via mail or walk-in. Payments (required for some forms) are accepted at all offices, and include certified/business cheques and/or money orders made payable to the “Minister of Finance”. Alternatively, you can select the invoice option on the form. NOT accepted: American Express, cash and personal cheques. Credit card (Visa, Mastercard) payments for Print and Mail forms can be made in person only.
  • Blank forms can be provided if you experience any difficulties completing the forms. Please contact the Nova Scotia Apprenticeship Agency's General Inquiries line.
Blaster Courses (online)

Submit Online  or Print and Mail  1. Blasting Safety Course Application (online)

This course is open to anyone who wishes to become a Blaster Assistant. It satisfies the safety course requirement of the LAE Technical Safety Division. (Note: There is a fee for enrollment.) For more info, see Blaster on the Trades page.

How to Enroll in Blaster Certification Renewal Training - See pg 7  2. Blaster Certification Renewal Training

Journeyperson Renewals, Replacements, Equivalencies

Submit Online  or Print and Mail   3. Renewal Form for CQ/ID Card (for expiring compulsory certified trades only)

Submit Online  or Print and Mail   4. Replacement Form for Certificate of Qualification, Apprenticeship or Photo ID

Submit Online  or Print and Mail   5. Equivalency Card Form (for Certificate of Qualification holders only)

Exam Application Forms (including Trade Qualifiers and Military Equivalencies)

Note: Trade Qualifiers are automatically scheduled for an exam sitting.

Submit Online   6. Exam Application Standard (including Provincial CQ holders)

Submit Online   7. Exam Application Special Sitting (for One Individual)

Submit Online   8. Exam Application Special Sitting (for a Group of Individuals)

Submit Online   9. Apply as a Trade Qualifier (See more Information; National and International Clients)

Submit Online   10. Exam Application Military (See the Military Equivalency List

Compliance Complaint Form

Submit Online  or Print and Mail   11. Compliance Complaint Form (Apprenticeship Regulations)

For more information, call the general inquiries number and ask to speak with a Compliance Officer.

Tradesperson's Tools Tax Deduction (of up to $500) and HST Rebate

The Tradesperson's Tools Deduction provides employed tradespersons with an annual deduction of up to $500 to help cover the cost of new tools necessary for their trade. The deduction applies to the total cost of eligible tools if:

  • the total cost exceeds $1,000;
  • the tools were purchased after May 1, 2006;
  • the purchase was made by an employed tradesperson.

MORE INFO at the Canada Revenue Agency website..

Tradespersons may also be eligible for a HST Rebate on the the purchase of new, required tools.

Update Contact Info and Release of Information Forms

Submit Online  or Print and Mail   12. Update Your Contact Information

Submit Online  or Print and Mail   13. Form to Authorize Release of Information

Landscape Horticulturist Industry Certifications

Landscape Horticulturist Industry Certified Tech Program application (For more info see Landscape Horticulturist on the NS Trades List).

Forestry Sector Apprenticeship Initiative

Submit Online  14. Forestry Sector Apprenticeship Initiative Applicant Information Form

Transcript Request Form

Submit Online or Print and Mail 15. Transcript Request Form

Atlantic Trades Business Seal Application

Submit Online or Print and Mail 16. Technical Training Enrolment Form

Renewing or Replacing

Please select Renew or Replace below, depending on what you need. Only "Renew" if your Certificate of Qualification is expiring and it's in a compulsory-certified trade.

Journeypersons Only: RENEW Certificate of Qualification

Only for expiring certificates in compulsory-certified trades


For lost or damaged cards or certificates