Per the Agency’s Operating Charter, the Board is required to conduct an annual meeting with industry to get information and input for Agency planning and accountability. The Board holds the meeting in the fall of each year.
On October 23, 2020, the Nova Scotia Apprenticeship Agency hosted the 6th Annual Industry Meeting using a virtual conference platform for the first time. There were 146 virtual participants representing industry sectors, partners, organizations and government.
This year’s meeting objectives were to:
- recognize exceptional contributions;
- provide an update on the Agency’s response to COVID-19;
- review results of the 2015-2020 Strategic Plan;
- review key actions from the 2020-2025 Strategic Plan;
- raise awareness of mental health in the apprenticeship system and supports available; and
- discuss and understand the impact of COVID-19 on the industry.
Here are links to the meeting agenda, CEO and Board Chair presentations and the event summary report: