COVID-19 Update (posted June 8, 2021)
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and new Public Health restrictions that have been put in place, all level and certification exams throughout Nova Scotia are cancelled until June 16th. Nova Scotia has released its five phase re-opening plan and examinations can resume in Phase 2, which is scheduled for June 16. Pending increases to the indoor gathering limits on June 16th, exams will resume on June 17th. For anyone who had an exam cancelled, you will be contacted to reschedule your exam once the restrictions have been formally lifted on June 16th.
Please also note that anyone who completed technical training and was scheduled to write a level exam between April 23 and June 30, 2021 will not be required to do so. Those apprentices will progress to the next level. This does not include anyone who is re-writing a level exam.
We would also like to remind our clients of the following:
- All transactions are being completed and we are working to process all applications; however, there may be delays for those who are waiting for information to arrive in the mail due to the restrictions.
- We are processing all transfers of apprenticeship agreements and renewals of apprenticeship cards and certificates as soon as possible. Clients will not be impacted by these delays – hours will continue to count, and clients can still register for training.
- Industry Training Consultants are currently working from home and can be reached by phone or e-mail. The list of Industry Training Consultants can be found here: https://nsapprenticeship.ca/contact#itcs.
Please note that although our office remains closed to walk-ins, our Agency remains open and we welcome you to contact us via phone or e-mail. We appreciate your patience with any delays as we make adjustments to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff.
- NSAA Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Update April 29, 2021
- NSAA Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Update December 2, 2020
- NSAA Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Update July 7, 2020
- NSAA Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Update June 11, 2020;
- NSAA Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Update May 14, 2020
- NSAA Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Update April 17, 2020
- NSAA Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Update April 2, 2020
- NSAA Response to COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions