In preparation for the start of our 2021-2022 training year, it is important for you to be aware of the updated COVID-19 protocols at the NSCC campuses and learning sites.
Arriving at any NSCC campus:
- Self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms (do not come to campus if you're feeling unwell or have any symptoms).
- Follow sign-in process – all individuals entering the campus must sign in when arriving at the campus.
- Agree to follow all safety protocols and guidelines and agree that you've reviewed the self-screening document (PDF 126KB).
While on the campus:
- Wear a mask in all public places and follow the rules regarding specific spaces, including classrooms and workstations. If you do not have a mask, security will provide one.
- Masks are required through October 12. At that time, NSCC will make a determination on mask wearing based on the latest epidemiology and other environmental factors.
- Wash and/or sanitize your hands regularly.
- Maintain safe physical distancing – 1 metre (3 feet).
- Follow entry procedures and directional arrows and signage.
- Follow cleaning and safety protocols in your area.
- Keep updated on the latest provincial COVID-19 measures at novascotia.ca/coronavirus and NSCC COVID protocols available at https://www.nscc.ca/.
- Be aware of occupancy requirements with each room you enter.
- Wash hands frequently.
All apprentices attending technical training at the NSCC will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 12, at the latest. To be fully vaccinated, you need two doses of vaccine.
- Proof of vaccination will be necessary. NSCC is finalizing details on how vaccination records will be submitted and will ensure the privacy of apprentices is respected.
- There will be alternative protocols in place for those who cannot be vaccinated, or choose not to be vaccinated. For example, individuals must undergo testing 2 times per week and continue wearing a mask.
- There will also be alternative protocols in place for those who are visiting the campus for infrequent or very short periods of time (e.g. General Exam Sittings) and further details will be provided in the coming weeks.
- The NSCC is investigating ways to enhance access to the COVID-19 vaccine as well as voluntary asymptomatic rapid testing for apprentices in advance of October 12.
We would also like to remind our clients of the following:
- We are operating at full capacity and processing all transfers of apprenticeship agreements and renewals of apprenticeship cards and certificates.
- Although all transactions are being completed and we processing all applications, there may be delays for those who are waiting for information to arrive in the mail due to the delays with the postal service.
- Industry Training Consultants are working as normal and can be reached by phone or e-mail. The list of Industry Training Consultants can be found here: www.nsapprenticeship.ca/contact#itcs
- Exams are being scheduled and administered according to public health protocols.
Previous COVID-19 Updates
- NSAA Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Update June 8, 2021
- NSAA Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Update April 29, 2021
- NSAA Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Update December 2, 2020
- NSAA Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Update July 7, 2020
- NSAA Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Update June 11, 2020;
- NSAA Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Update May 14, 2020
- NSAA Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Update April 17, 2020
- NSAA Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Update April 2, 2020
- NSAA Response to COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions